Free listing on 'Need a Pro?'
Get more work! Whether you're a freelancer or agency, you may list your services free of charge on our "Need a Pro?" page. Nonmembers can list services for a fee.
As an affiliate of National Federation of Press Women, KPC members are eligible for such benefits as:
- affordable libel insurance
- the opportunity to compete in the national contest
- participation in the annual professional development conference
- receiving First Amendment Network e-mail alerts that enable you to take action on First Amendment issues
- instant connection to fellow communication professionals across the nation
Helping the next generation
Scholarships — with the support of our Patrons, KPC offers four $500 scholarships each year to communication students — one each at the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Fort Hays State University and Wichita State University. Winners are honored at the Patron/Scholarship Luncheon at the annual conference. For more information, click here.
Keep in touch! Our Membership Directory encourages networking and communication among members. The directory is available on a members-only, password-protected page to protect confidentiality.
Membership dues cost:
Active professional: $117 ($77 to NFPW, $40 to KPC)
Student: $30 ($20 to NFPW, $10 to KPC)
Emeritus (retired): $105 (one-time fee for KPC life membership; NFPW will bill $20 per year)
For membership in Wichita Professional Communicators chapter, add $30 for Professional; $15 for student.
To join, use the National Federation of Press Women site by clicking here.